Please click on the picture to link to the nutritional information page for that ingredient.
Carrots and Burdock Soup
Lower cholesterol and lower blood lipids, detox and promote liver health.
INGREDIENTS: (4 to 6 servings)
- Carrot 紅蘿蔔 – 2 large ones (400gm)
- Green reddish青蘿蔔 – 2 large ones (400gm)
- Fresh burdock 新鮮牛蒡 - 4 long ones (400gm)
- Black wood-ear mushroom 白背木耳 – 15gm
- Dired Japanese matsutake mushrooms 松茸菇 – 30gm
- Honey dates 蜜棗 - 4
- Apricot kernel 南北杏 – 15gm
- Citrus Peel (chen-pi) 陳皮 – one piece (pre-soaked and with white tissue removed)
- Pork hock 豬展 – 540gm
- Pig Pancreas 豬橫脷 – 2
- Ginger – 2 slices
1. Wash pork and pancreas, remove fat and cut into large pieces. Put both in boiling water to cook for 5 minutes. Remove and rinse.
2. Cut burdock into thin slices and put in boiling water with ginger to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, remove and strain.
3. Peel carrots and reddish and cut into pieces.
4. Soak mushroom for 30 minutes and cut them into smaller pieces.
5. Rinse other ingredients and put all in a soup pot with about 14 to 15 cups of water. Bring to a boil, remove foam and reduce heat to simmer for 3 hours to about half of the water left.
6. Add salt to taste and serve.
No restriction. Suitable for the whole family. In summer months, add jobs tears and lotus seeds and in winter, add walnut for extra health benefits.